What have you earned?

It's been a long time, very long actually, since I have written anything. Last I wrote about something it was in 2014, it's been five years now. In last five years, or in-fact in last so many years, I keep asking myself and to others what do we want to earn in life?

In search of my answer, recently we I met an IPS officer who shared with me below insights which answered my question.

"When you are old, people ask only two questions. First, how is your health? Second, how are your children/family doing?"

Aren't these two things matter the most? Shouldn't we strive to earn only good health and prosperity of our family? In my opinion YES, wellness and well being of family are two most important things that we should work to achieve. 

The answer of my search was lying there around me. It was only the matter realization.
The answer was earning of my parents. We are a middle class family, staying on the lower side of the scale that represents middle class. We don't have big cars, big house or anything luxurious for that matter. But my parents have earned the most important things in their life - prosperity of their kids and good health of family.

Story related to achievements of my parents goes like this:
My mother is in late 60's and Father is in early 70;s, both are healthy and doing well. My parents have put everything in educating their kids well and making them what they are today - independent. In her entire life my mother has sacrificed everything for well-being of her children. My father used to work for state government and in his entire life he has focused on two things, Health and prosperity of his family. We are 7 siblings - 4 sisters, 3 brothers. Sisters are well educated and currently working with state government at different roles in different organisation. All are well settled. My elder brother is an IITian and currently placed at senior post in a reputed organization. I am an IIM pass-out doing fairly well with my career. Youngest brother has completed MBBS from MAMC, Delhi and he is in pursuit of a good career in Medicines.

Don't you think my Parents have earned everything in life? I have seen people saying to my father that he is a proud father. He is a proud father, no doubt in that but real proud comes when he feels  that himself.

Are we also working towards the goal of good health and happiness?



Comments

  1. @respected writer your blogs mind blowing please do make more blog like this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CONSISTENCY: What makes you win!

Joy Of Giving.

Role of Media in a democratic nation, India.